Sunday, March 25, 2007

One week to go

There's one week to go before my 15.2km run. Really anticipating that day...



This is my run number. It came by post on Friday. I intended to finish the distance by 1 1/2 hours. Thats equals to roughly 1 km every 6 mins. Did another practice run today, and managed to get 6 km under 40mins. Hopefully a few more days of training will do the trick.

After writing my previous post on smoking, I got an inspiration to look into the benefits of smoking. And like a true professional scientific minded person, I looked it up in a myriad of medical journals in my uni library. After half and hour of hardwork shifting through a ton of jun, I finally found one that is worth mentioning:

"Smoking cigarette can significantly reduce the probability of you contacting inflammatory acne."

How's that for an excuse to smoke?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you look up Ulcerative Colitis, it is known that stopping smoking will put you at a greater risk of getting UC.

hence, smoking is protective for UC.

have fun looking at benefits of smoking!

Phiaw said...

Ha..thanks for that info =)