Thursday, July 26, 2007

Weekly spiel

The week that was...

Seems the only time I had to update my blog is on Thursday nite.. I had such a hectic but fun week!

The week of firsts...

There are a lot of personal firsts that I had 'achieve' the past week. Literally one for everyday..

Friday night - played Dota from 10.00 p.m. till 5 a.m. in the morning. Never this mad before.. but in retrospect, lucky did it coz Thow Kong's computer broke a few days later.. means no Dota this weekend. Sad.

Saturday night - went for my first ever Karaoke in Melbourne. Was there from 8.00 p.m. till 4.00 a.m.! Coz well, it is $40! For this price sure must sing till hoarse lah...

Monday morning - went for my first ever focus group session. Basically just sit there with a marketing agent and discuss why no one buy the uni's student community card. Free lunch and a $50 shopping voucher for just one hour of doing nothing much. That was fun!

Tuesday afternoon - first time ever made an announcement in the lecture theatre in front of 100+ students. What's more, it was recorded (coz the lecture was recorded) and I can hear myself speaking again and again (and also the clapping afterwards)..cool..


I was down there on Tuesday

Wednesday - played chess during lunch break (PISA event) and then had fun making yummy lamingtons and played Jenga, Scrabble, Bluff etc (Global Friendship Series). Tons of fun. Wish uni was this fun every day. Oh ya and I still wonder why a lot of people elect to go home after uni..


Lamingtons


Jenga

Thursday - skipped my first ever lecture for the year coz: (1) I had only that lecture for the day, (2) it is on 8.30am, (3) it was recorded anyway.

And yeah..I also managed to squeeze enough time reading the final book of Harry Potter.

What I felt after reading Harry Potter..

1. I dislike the guy named Harry Potter: he is stupid and hot headed and only know how to get others into trouble. Actually, I started to dislike him since the last book - always using the fact that he has 'no parents' as an excuse for doing stupid things.. If not for Hermione and Ron..

2. Snape is really really an unfortunate guy. He is really caught between a rock and a hard place. Manipulated by Dumbledore and used by Voldemort and despised by the rest while he is actually a good guy.. I felt for him..

3. Why so many people have to die (like flies).. did it serve any purpose?

4. The ending sucks. It didn't answer the question I wanted to know most. What is Harry Potter's occupation? Did he become an auror or just living off his parents' money?

But all in all, it is a good book. Mesmerising and a definite page turner. J.K Rowling is brilliant.

P/s: For those of you in the dark, lamington is an Australian icon. It is basically chocolate icing coated spongecake with a layer of dessicated coconut on top. Sweet and yummy.

1 comment:

changyang1230 said...

Harry did become an auror, according to J. K. Rowling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/