Monday, June 14, 2010

A day at walk (Part 1: Miri)

Today is not my ‘working day’ because it was considered as my ‘travelling day’ – a day given for me to get from where I was to where I am going to. It transpired to be a ‘walking day’ instead and indeed I do really ‘travel’.

The day started off with a plane trip to Miri. Reached there 8am. As the connecting plane to Mukah only flying off 1pm, I hopped into a taxi to have a quick tour of this oil rich city.

First stop: Miri City Fan. Beautiful scenery.

IMG_2193

IMG_2198

Walked pass Imperial Mall

IMG_2205

and stopped for breakfast at a place called Hai-Ou cafe which was filled with lots of old people.

IMG_2209

Some pictures of Miri Town

IMG_2214

IMG_2212 

Me walking aptly in the middle of the road like a Teo Chew along Jalan Teo Chew,

IMG_2221

Before I ended up shopping in Bintang Mall.

IMG_2224

Around 1130am its back to the airport at last, where I enjoyed a last cup of modern sophistication

IMG_2225

before going into this miniature plane.

IMG_2226    

What happened after that is another story altogether.

Oh by the way, the area enclosed in red is roughly Miri as I travelled it in 3 short hours of taking bus number 11.

223646

I am impressed with myself ^^

1 comment:

esther dee said...

Aw my beloved MIRI!!!!! i wanna go back!