Friday, October 14, 2005

Out of the COMFORT zone

Perhaps my life had been to idyllic all these while. I am getting too comfortable to be comfortable in my life. When you heard about other people relating their colourful life time experience, only then it will drawn to you that perhaps you had been a baby in then cradle for too long. Much too long. This realization that I had achieve nothing much in my twenty years of existence struck a chord in me last year, but it wasn’t till NOW that I have the determination to make a change. It’s time to take a first step into a new journey. It wouldn’t be all roses along the way, but hopefully, there’s a rose garden in the end of the road.

and into perfectionism.
One of the reasons I am writing this blog is to chronicle my evolution to be a better person. When we talk about an Uthopian world we are always relate perfectionism to the impossible. Yet I think in life, perfectionism is possible. Perhaps not in the magnitude of the world but certainly in a smaller scale, let say in a man. There’s always space to upgrade oneself from the current plane one is residing. Sky’s the limit. One can always be better in every field.

The first step.
It is always the first step that hindered the many zillions of bright and brilliant idea from becoming a conceived reality. Like in many chemical reactions, it is the first step that is rate-limiting. If the progression of an idea into reality is akin to a flight of stairs, then the first rung will be at least 5 feet high. Who will climb that? I will.

What aspect of myself do I wish to change?
Well frankly, every aspect. Not that I am not satisfied with myself but as I had elucidated earlier, there’s always prospects for betterment. I will divulge a little bit more of my plans and the subsequent outcomes in the days and months to come.

Hopefully by the next time anyone seen me, especially those who haven’t seen me for a long time, you will notice a positive deviation from my old self. Perhaps no big, sudden change, but small gradual transformation.

A life changing plan had been conceived. And I am going to take the journey to realize it. There’s no looking back. Wish me luck.

No comments: