Saturday, August 01, 2009

End of Month report

Just realised I only published a single post this month. This can’t be happening! I didn’t realise that I was that busy.

Anyway, I had just finished my first two-weeks rotation in the In-patient Pharmacy Department (IPD) today. It is the main pharmacy in the hospital dealing with the bulk of patients staying in the hospital.

It was a busy station, and the job criteria includes filling up the ward stocks, checking prescriptions and filling drugs for inpatients, counsel discharged patients, answering queries from doctors as well as querying them about their mistakes.

I was also on lunch duty this week, which means that I can’t have lunch during lunch time. Instead I was at the pharmacy dealing with the discharge patients and handling queries from hard-working doctors working during that time.

The most interesting thing that happened the last fortnight was that I bought a new laptop.

Picture 005 

And its pink.

Picture 004

Now I’m officially a trend-setter. Pink is really the new black. Just wait for it to happen and see the “I tell you so” smirk on my face in the not too distance future.

In the meantime, I will just live with all the deriding laughter.

Oh I also successfully made some cream puff pastry.

Picture 002

And not to mention that I watched a movie in Malaysia for the first time in 3 years. Can’t even remember what movie was the last I watched at Star Cineplex prior to Harry Potter last weekend. But the cinema still looks the same.

My first CPD presentation is in 12 days time. Can’t wait for that day. Very excited. It’s about Hormone Replacement Therapy.

By the way, I typed this using my new laptop.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! New Laptop how much did u pay for it? Whats the spec?

Wee Loon ONG said...

hahaha...PINK laptop! :P

Unknown said...

HMR? we did that at uni, that's cheating mate

Freda said...

OWL, wait till you see his mouse. LOL.

Wee Loon ONG said...

hahaha, I shall see what's so special about his mouse then! :D

Phiaw said...

Haha actually u can see my mouse in the photo of my laptop if you look hard enough.
G, its HRT not HMR. its not cheating.
BH, very cheap la, less than 2K but specs not that good la