Saturday, January 08, 2011

Trip up north (2)

As much as I had heard about our friendly neighbour Brunei Darulsalam, I had no conception on how it looked like. Does it resembles Singapore? or Malaysia? or a unique place by itself? Well, at last now I got my answer.

IMG_3121

I guess it reads “Welcome to Brunei?”

Bandar Seri Bagawan was a 2 hours car-ride away from Miri. The main reason we went there? To eat the famous Escapade Sushi!

IMG_3133

So-so from the outside

IMG_3144

But classy inside! And the sushi… is just so scrumptious and fresh.

IMG_3138

Other places we visited include this very golden museum. Most of the exhibits here are gold plated and no photos allowed. This is what they call oil rich…

IMG_3163

As rich as Brunei is, there are also people living on wooden water villages where their main mode of transport are water taxis aka sampans and speed boats.

IMG_3175

A magnificent mosque in downtown Bandar:

IMG_3185

A shopping mall

IMG_3147

And a six-star high class hotel

IMG_3207

My favourite pic of the day: dolphins dropping by the hotel adn swimming towards the horizon. Hope you liked it too.

IMG_3239

No comments: