Sunday, July 13, 2008

The beginning of the end

Uni restarts tomorrow.. for one last semester.

One last chance to reach the Uni's entrance, take a deep breath and say "ah.. another new semester!"

One last chance to go into the lecture hall and promise myself "I'm going to do my best this semester."

One last chance to meet friends and ask "How's your hols?"

One last chance to feel the freshness of a new semester, to taste something that promises so much.

One last chance to think of what I had not done in my Uni life and try to do it before it is too late.

Perhaps I should not be so melancholic but instead happy because after this coming 12 weeks, I will be at the end of an arduous 4 year course. Graduating. Ready for the real world.

 P3230159            Monash Uni Parkville Campus

It seemed not too long ago when I first laid my eyes on the campus. That slightly windy February day in 2005, with a smidgen of cloud and clear blue sky. I was wearing my orange T-shirt, dark blue jeans and a dark blue windbreaker. Walked along Princes Park, not sure where the Uni was until I saw the big blue signboard. Monash University. 381 Royal Parade. The surging feeling of pride of being able to make it to Uni at last. The promises of an exciting dawn. The beginning of a journey.

 P4210239

Once upon a time in 2005...

Each 12 weeks block passed by one by one. Each started with a feeling of excitement and hope. Of new things to look forward to. New challenges. New adventure. And tomorrow, I will walk the same way,  see the same scenery, a bigger signboard. However, the feeling will be different. This time, it will be the beginning of the end. Whether to feel sad or excited, I have no idea.

2 comments:

changyang1230 said...

Haha have you somehow just stolen a line from my blog's footnote? :P

Phiaw said...

serious? ur blog footnote say what? maybe it seeped into my mind subconsciously. lol