Friday, April 13, 2007

A dedication

Today, my cousin in Singapore is going to put on her 'four-sided hat'.


My cousin and me in front of my cow. =)

She will graduate with a Honours degree in Information Management and Systems.

As I am far away and can't be in Singapore to attend the ceremony, I wish to present her the 'customary' graduation bear



and flowers in my blog.



And say with heartfelt sincerity: Congratulations!

For me, putting on a 'four-sided hat' is of great significance. It is the culmination of all the hard work and tears for over the last 10 odd years. It signifies the end of sleepless nites doing projects, the never-ending exams, the search for numerous answers, the endless sacrifice of 'fun time'. All the years through kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and university is just to be able to wear the hat. It also signifies that at long last after much preparation, you are ready to face the world, ready to contribute and be a useful part of society.

The fact is that less than 1% of the world population ever have the chance to pursue a university degree. Being able to get one is a privilege and something to be proud and thankful of.

I hope she felt the same.

Congratulations once again!

Can't wait for the day I graduate too...

No comments: