Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lucky Guy 7

IMG_1890 "One..two..three..four..five..six..seven..."

"Where's the rest? There were supposed to be 12 right?"

"I don't know... a few fell down"

Second year started off with a trip to Great Ocean Road with the first year International students to visit the 12 Apostles. I got to go as a PISA rep. 

I think the highlight of my second year is being PISA's Publications Officer. My job was to maintain the club's web site, churning out all the event posters and writing articles reporting the club's activities. It was a job I like a lot as journalism is something that I have interest in since secondary school.

It was the year when I found out that I loved to be in a position where I can contribute to the well being of fellow students. It was fun being involved. Participating in the great next PISA is the thing I constantly looked forward to that year.

I remembered it took me a while to get used to the people in PISA. I don't talk much in team meeting until much much later. Come to think of it, I was still extremely shy during second year.

The notable activities I took part in PISA is the Hip-hop dance class. It was the very first time I learn to dance and it thought me one thing - I'm helpless at dancing. Nevertheless it was fun. I also played in a soccer game with the med guys. It was memorable because as the goalie I let in 8 goals. I remembered the girls manning the score board was frantically hoping I didn't ship in another because the manual score board only had zero to eight.

On Uni, it started earlier due to the Commonwealth Games being held in Melbourne. As our campus was near the Games village, Uni was halted for 2 weeks for security reasons.

2nd year is more of a transition year. The year in the middle where nothing much happens.It was characterised by long practicals. I used to dread Thursdays and Fridays where we got 6 hours of prac in a day with only 30 mins break in between. Half of them are chemistry based and we spend a dreadful lot of time mixing things in test tubes, purifying our products and do a melting point test to make sure we did it correctly.

We had role plays in Pharmacy Practice. During the time, we got to be either pharmacist or patient in a mock pharmacy. We learnt how to ask the right questions and how to tackle awkward situations. It was the first time I got to experience counselling people and I found it really hard. The first case I ever got was about Morning After Pill. Heck, I don't even know what it was then!

to be continued...

No comments: